nTelos Wireless is a leading provider of wireless communications services to consumers and businesses in select areas of Virginia, West Virginia, Maryland, Ohio, Kentucky, and North Carolina. Offering dependable high-speed nationwide coverage and the latest devices and smartphones, we offer everything the national brands do for less!
At nTelos, you’ll find a distinctive, entrepreneurial culture, where employees take ownership of their jobs, serving the customer and the success of the company. Our employees are engaged and called on to help serve customers better than the competition.
You can make a difference at nTelos, and your contributions will be valued. We offer extensive opportunities for professional development, including support for training and education to further your career. The opportunities at nTelos are outstanding, and employees can grow and advance within the company.
Our industry is challenging, dynamic and highly competitive. The telecommunications industry continues to experience rapid technological advances. With new products and services arriving continually, the team at nTelos is equally dynamic. Every employee is expected to take ownership for serving our customers while adapting to rapid change.
If you are looking for an exciting and rewarding environment, where you can use your skills, experience, drive and creativity to make a difference, let us know. We’re looking for people who are up to the challenge!
The competition in Wireless Telecommunications is fierce. Technology evolves at an incredible pace, and companies fight to keep up. At NTELOS, we offer the best value in wireless, and this value includes superior customer service, great nationwide coverage, and value pricing.
Wireless telecommunications continues to change, with the most obvious change being the evolution of the handset. Every month, there are new models with more features, and more than 600 handsets manufactured for the US market.
The wireless industry will continue to fuel job growth. Between April 2007 and June 2011, private sector employment fell by 5.3 million jobs, but the wireless industry increased by 1.6 million jobs.1 This is an industry that is growing!
NTELOS has a track record of success and is poised for continued growth. We started in wireless more over 20 years ago, when the industry was in its infancy. Today, with more 450,000 customers and more than 1,000 employees, we’ve got the size to offer cutting edge technology and industry leading service. We’re also small enough to adapt, change, and grow!
Wireless technology offers new avenues of connectivity and the power to transform how people communicate. This is an industry changing our nation.
- Emergency services utilize mobile devices to respond faster and more effectively to crisis situations. With more than 300,000 firefighters and 600,000 police officers nationwide, providing reliable wireless service can help our first responders save lives.
- Mobile devices are improving communication in healthcare, and we’re just getting starting. Patients with chronic diseases are using mobile devices to record their information and send it directly to physicians. Apps that remind patients to take medication are helping people adhere to their instructions. These uses of wireless technology are just the start, and the healthcare industry will be transformed as technology improves services, reduces cost, and helps people.
- Wireless technology is being deployed in schools and universities to enhance learning. New apps offer engaging learning environments for elementary education, and tablets provide a more efficient delivery vehicle for textbooks. This is just the beginning of how education will be enhanced and improved with wireless technology.
- Smartphone technology enables businesses to operate more efficiently, and to adapt to market changes faster. As the capability of devices improves, an astounding array of improvements are changing the way business is conducted.
NTELOS is helping to create the future of wireless telecommunications. Whether it is by providing 911 services to local communities, providing reliable services to local hospitals, or by offering cutting edge smart phones for businesses, schools and individuals, we’re helping to transform the communities through our products and services.
The nTelos Wireless leadership team is firmly committed to Employee Development through two of our company’s Core Values of continuous improvement and employee growth. Developing the skills required for success and growth in the workplace starts with dedication and a focus on improvement. Employee Development strives to provide the resources necessary for the advancement of leadership, problem solving, communication and interpersonal skills. Internal classroom courses are just one example of the resources available to employees. Other developmental opportunities include:
- Professional Development Program - This program has been designed to recognize nTelos employees for professional development and encourage employees to invest in themselves. Employee Development will offer recognition for courses taken by awarding continuing education units (CEU) for each class successfully completed.
- Online Education - In an effort to meet the growing needs of our employees, we provide the nTelos’ Online Learning Center online course catalog. Our Online Learning Center will provide you various training resources to meet your learning needs.
- Leadership Development Program - Leadership development training, perhaps more than any other single type of employee development program, can enhance nTelos’ performance on key measures of success: turnover, morale, quality, productivity, and teamwork. The courses included in this program have been designed for nTelos Management employees to provide a core skill set in communication, leadership, problem solving, and interpersonal growth.
- Tuition Reimbursement - It is the policy of nTelos Wireless to encourage employees to further their formal education by improving their skills and abilities in a way that will enhance their value to the Company. Employees may receive financial assistance toward the payment of tuition, fees, and required textbook expenses for pre-approved courses taken on a voluntary basis.
- Partnerships with Colleges & Universities - Your work in the Leadership Development Program can translate into 6 hours of college credit toward an undergraduate certificate or degree from educational partners Mountain State University, Blue Ridge Community College, Virginia Western Community College, and University of Phoenix.
NTELOS recognizes the value of our employees and offers an attractive compensation and benefits package. We value the drive, skills, abilities, education, experience, and knowledge of our employees. Consequently, we strive to offer compensation and benefits that will help us attract and retain talented professionals.
NTELOS has incentive compensation programs, where employees receive either commissions or bonuses. In this way, our employees share in our success.
Our benefits program includes a wide array of benefits for both full-time and part-time employees:
- Medical Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Disability Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Accidental Death & Dismemberment Insurance
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- 401(k) Savings & Security Plan
- Employee Assistance Program
- Paid Time Off
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Gym Member Reimbursement
- Discounts on Select Microsoft and HP Products
- Medical Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- 401(k) Savings & Security Plan
- Employee Assistance Program
- Paid Time Off
Information Technology at NTELOS is constantly changing, and our team meets this challenge every day. Customer service is critical to success at NTELOS, and our technology infrastructure is critical to this effort. Whether this effort is geared toward supporting one of our primary systems, optimizing our process, developing new applications or managing projects, our IT team must solve complex problems and develop innovate solutions.
Many of the processes our IT department must support didn’t even exist five years ago. Today, those process are routine. With more than twenty major enterprise systems, IT professionals at NTELOS need to be flexible, creative, innovative quick learners.
What we look for: The nTelos IT team seeks individuals who stay current on the latest technical changes, who strive to challenge themselves, and who are committed to delivering successful projects on time and on budget.
Our IT Department includes positions in the following areas:
- Security and Assurance
- Application Development
- Project Management and Business Analysis
- Handset Device Testing
- Tier I Help Desk Support
- Tier II Application and Desktop Support
- Network Engineering and Database Administration
Technologies and Approaches our team values include:
- Linux, Unix and Windows Server
- iSeries/AS400 Platform
- Varying CMS, including Sharepoint and Orchard
Our Accounting and Finance team is critical to our management and control of the business. As a publicly traded business, we have rigorous reporting and controls procedures, and manage complex fiscal issues. Our industry changes so rapidly that it is essential to have extremely knowledgeable and capable professionals who can understand and anticipate issues.
What we look for: The accounting team looks for individuals who take initiative, place high expectations on themselves, and follow through on commitments. Individuals must have a high attention to detail while managing complex projects and tasks in a rapidly changing environment.
Our Accounting and Finance team includes the follow functions:
- Accounts Payable
- Fixed Assets
- Internal Audit
- Financial Analysis
- Financial Reporting
- Planning and Budgeting
nTelos competes with some of telecommunications biggest and best known national brands, making marketing efforts critical to our success. The nTelos portfolio includes traditional wireless voice and data services as well as pay-as-you-go solutions. Our marketing is nimble, responsive, and reflective of our dedicated commitment to providing an outstanding value and a great customer experience. We’re focused on our customers, on our personal service excellence, and on our ability to deliver more than is expected from a wireless provider. What we look for: Our marketing team seeks individuals who thrive in a demanding, dynamic, and highly competitive environment. Successful candidates will multitask, follow through on commitments, take initiative and be adaptable to change. We also seek individuals who are able to utilize new technologies creatively and efficiently.
Our Marketing team includes the following functions:
- Marketing Communications
- Events and Sponsorships
- Strategic Marketing
- Product Planning
- Public Relations
- Digital Media
- Content Development
- Ecommerce and Web Development
Our Sales team is the face of our company, with sales serving as the largest functional area in the company. With a fantastic new hire training program and sales processes focused on listening to our customers, our sales team delivers the great service our customers deserve.
Our retail sales team is made up of both full-time and part-time employees, in more than 60 stores across our region. In addition to retail, our sales team also includes indirect and b2b channels, and a sales operations team supporting all of our sales channels.
What we look for: Our sales team seeks individuals who possess exceptional drive and integrity, along with a passion for customer service.
Our Sales team includes the following functions:
- Retail Sales Representatives
- Retail Sales Managers
- Indirect Sales
- B2B Sales Representatives
- Sales Operations Analysts
- Retail Facilities and Leasing
- Methods and Procedures Development
Customer Care provides customer service and technical support to our customers. We operate call centers in Waynesboro, Daleville, and Covington. Since our call centers are local, these customers are often our friends, family, and neighbors. The Customer Care team takes pride in providing the highest level of personal service to each and every customer.
What we look for: Our Customer Care team seeks driven individuals who are committed to providing outstanding service to our customers, while consistently embracing our company core values:
- Employee Growth
- Continuous Improvement
- Customer First
Our Customer Care team includes the following functions:
- Customer Service
- Technical Support
- Customer Loyalty
- Inside Sales
- Customer Experience
- Revenue Assurance
Our E&O teams design, implement, and operate the nTelos wireless network. From cell towers, to switch sites, to our core data network, they ensure voice, text, and data services work. nTelos has and continues to invest heavily in our network, and with the transition to 4G LTE, we are upgrading our network to handle the data demands of our customers.
We provide service in tier I, II, and II markets, and we are focused on delivering the best possible user experience across the entire footprint. We have built our network with multiple levels of redundancy to provide the level of reliability and consistency that customers expect.
What we look for: Our E&O team looks for individuals with the desire to make a difference. We like experience but we also like individuals that possess a passion for learning and growing. Our team needs individuals who can overcome new and unexpected challenges on a daily basis, and who can anticipate and resolve problems before they develop.
Our E&O team includes the following functions:
- RF Engineering
- Network Engineering
- Network Translations
- Data Engineering
- Network Operations
- Network Provisioning
- Site Development
- Carrier Relations
With more than 1,000 employees spread over more than 80 locations, our HR team supports a large team with a great breadth of job functions and skills. In all our areas, we know our people are critical to our success. In technical areas, we often conduct national searches, and draw top talent to the area from around the nation. Our team also provides training and development to the organization, including leading our new hire classes in sales and customer care.
What we look for: Our HR team looks for individual who are adaptable and responsive to our business.
Our HR team includes the following functions:
- Employee Relations
- Compensation and Benefits
- Training and Development
Throughout nTelos, we have administration roles that are critical to our business. Some of these roles are entry level, while others require a high level of experience, education, and skill. Many of these roles perform technically challenging organizational, analytical or reporting functions.
What we look for: We consistently seek administrative candidates with excellent attention to detail, outstanding organization skills, and an expert skill level with Excel, Word, and Powerpoint.
Our Administrative positions include:
- Administrative Assistant
- Administrative Services Assistant
- Executive Assistant
nTelos Wireless possesses a highly adaptable and efficient supply chain organization. Introducing the right devices into our sales channels in the right quantities at the right time is critical to our success. This requires an excellent purchasing, planning, scheduling, distribution, and logistics organization to ensure we can provide the devices and accessories our customers want when they want them.
What we look for: Our supply chain roles require excellent analytical, planning and project management skills.
Our Supply Chain team includes the following functions:
1. [Robert J. Shapiro and Kevin A. Hassett, NDN, The Employment Effects of Advances in Internet and Wireless Technology: Evaluating the Transitions form2G to 3G and from 3G to 4G, Jan. 2012 available at http://ndn.org/sites/default/files/blog_files/The%20Employment%20Effects%20of%20Advances%20In%20Internet%20and%20Wireless%20Technology_1.pdf]↩
- Purchasing Manager
- Warehouse Management
- Inventory Specialist
- Distribution Coordinator