As you may have heard, Shentel has acquired all of the nTelos wireless operations. Much like nTelos, Shentel is a local company that operates as a Sprint Affiliate and will be using the Sprint brand name to offer service in the former nTelos service area. Sprint, through Shentel, is now the new, trusted wireless provider for current nTelos customers. Shentel will continue network upgrades in the current nTelos region throughout this year and next, which will give customers more coverage in more places, stronger signals and faster downloads!
As a preferred nTelos customer, you are eligible to migrate your account NOW to join the Sprint family.
When you visit your local Sprint/nTelos store to migrate your account, you’ll receive:
Starting last year, Sprint began a two-year plan to improve coverage by investing over $350 million in your local network. So you will have even fewer dropped calls, faster downloads and coverage in more places than ever.
Download your migration checklist, visit your local Sprint migration store, or call us to make an appointment to migrate your account or learn more at 1-855-MIGRATE (1-855-644-7283).
Want to learn more?
Below is a series of Frequently Asked Questions to help nTelos customers better understand the migration details:
Almost all of the existing nTelos stores have become Sprint retail stores, operated by many of the same people who were serving you and with additional staff to continue to provide you with the high level of customer service you have been receiving. You are encouraged to continue to utilize the newly named Sprint retail locations just as you have in the past to make payments or ask questions about your nTelos bills or to receive technical assistance.
The official closing of the transaction took place May 6, 2016. All nTelos customers were sent the initial announcement letter from Sprint in July 2016. There has been an ongoing text message campaign urging nTelos customers to migrate to Sprint. Further communications regarding the offers available to you allowing you to migrate your account to the Sprint billing system will arrive by text messages, email and home mailings throughout the next several months. Please pay careful attention to this information as it will provide specific details on how you can migrate your account to the Sprint billing system.
As you may have noticed, there is no immediate impact to your service. However, after the transaction closed, you were added to the Sprint 4G LTE roaming network at no additional charge (if your device is LTE capable) to help enhance your network experience in the region and nationally. You will begin to receive information regarding the migration of your account to the Sprint billing system by text messages, email and home mailings in the coming weeks. Please pay careful attention to this information as it will provide specific details regarding the migration of your account to the Sprint billing system.
Good Things. We are continuously upgrading the nTelos network locally, allowing it to operate as part of the Sprint enhanced 4G LTE network nationwide. We have grown the number of 4G LTE cell sites from nTelos’ 50% coverage to approximately 92% in the past six months and will complete the upgrades in early 2017. Furthermore, we have added over 60 new cell sites to our local network and will continue to invest in new cell sites throughout the next 12 months. That means more coverage in more places, stronger signals and much faster downloads.
Yes. You will stay on your current phone and rate plan until you are moved to the Sprint billing system. When you visit a store to move your account to Sprint, you will be given at least two options:
- You will be given the option to move to a customized Sprint rate plan that is equal to or better than your existing plan that includes unlimited voice, unlimited text, and an amount of data that is equal to the amount you currently enjoy for the same price you pay today.
- Or you will be given the option to sign up for any other Sprint plan available at the time of your migration and we highly recommend you take the opportunity to consider doing so as your wireless needs may have changed over the years as rate plans and features certainly have!
You will begin to receive information regarding the transition of your account to the Sprint billing system by text messages, email and home mailings in the coming weeks. Please pay careful attention to this information as it will provide specific details regarding the transition of your account to the Sprint billing system.
It will get better! We are committed to investing approximately $350 million to upgrade and expand the nTelos local network to allow it to operate as part of the Sprint enhanced 4G LTE network. We have already added over 60 new coverage sites and will continue to invest in new cell sites throughout the next 12 months. That means more coverage in more places, stronger signals and faster downloads.
Until you move your account to the Sprint billing system, you will continue to receive bills from nTelos as usual. Once you move your account to the Sprint billing system, your billing format will change and will be Sprint branded, but the price you pay for your service will not go up if you opt to keep your current plan and rate!
Yes. If you have an existing nTelos Equipment Installment Plan (EIP) or contractual agreement, you will retain your current terms.
Yes, you will keep and use your current device, which will continue working with no change in features or functionality. When you migrate to the Sprint billing system your phone will need to be updated or replaced, depending on the type of phone you have. If you have an iPhone 5c or newer, we will install a new SIM card into your phone that will enable your phone on the Sprint network – it’s a quick, simple and free of charge process. If you have any other handset, we will need to replace your handset with a new Sprint phone, similar to the one you have for free, so that you can utilize all of the network upgrades being built over the next few years.
While all nTelos customers’ phones will continue to work for some time after the acquisition, you are invited to go to a Sprint store to migrate your account to the Sprint billing system at your convenience. For the best migration experience:
- Bring all the devices with you that are currently active on your account.
- Know the phone numbers for each device
- Write down Pin or Password information
- Back up the content on your device, for instructions, go to welcometosprint.com/checklist.pdf
If you do not want to become part of Sprint, you can your change wireless carrier when your contract expires. However, please keep in mind that the Sprint Advantage offer includes:
- nTelos customers will receive a similar plan from Sprint to what they currently have with nTelos, and the same great customer service from many of the same employees and stores in the nTelos service area!
- Many customers will receive a free replacement phone from Sprint that is either the same brand and model as their current phone, or similar to their current phone. iPhone customers with iPhone 5c or newer will receive a new SIM card for their existing phone for free.
- Customers can expect to receive better regional 4G LTE coverage with Sprint which means a clearer signal, fewer dropped calls and faster download speeds than they had with nTelos.
- Customers will join the highly rated Sprint 4G LTE nationwide network (nationally recognized by Nielsen and Root Metrics surveys), which means less roaming charges and better connectivity than they had with nTelos.
- Customers will have the option to upgrade their nTelos plan to a Sprint Unlimited talk, text and data plan, or keep their existing plan and pricing!
- Customers will join a wireless provider that is committed to delivering superior service by adding additional staff to existing Sprint/nTelos stores, and by adding even more local locations and more local assistance in helping customers to find the right plan and device.
- Customers will move to Sprint, the nationwide company with a wide range of plans and phone options, both for individuals and shared data plans for families that are on a monthly budget.
- Customers will have access to the Sprint device purchasing options including Installment Billing and Leasing. All plans will be available at third party “big-box” distributors like Best-Buy, Wal-Mart, Costco, for additional convenience.
- Customers will have access to Sprint services like Total Equipment Protection (TEP) insurance plan or the Sprint Family Locator which help keeps track of your children’s safety and whereabouts, as well as Sprint Zone, which gives you access to your account directly from your device.
You should continue to call nTelos customer care at 855-MIGRATE, or visit your local Sprint store until you are transitioned to the Sprint network and billing system.
You will be contacted by your account representative.